DESIGNED FOR YOUR STORY

#DesignedForYourStory: Christina Maningo

Designed For Your Story is a campaign that features Rich Earth Jewelry’s customers and supporters—the brand’s very own inspiring ambassadors. Its main objective is to highlight the intrinsic nature of women that makes them equally distinct, but in some ways, somehow, alike and relatable.
 
Every other month, we will feature one uniquely incredible person. We'll be asking them a few simple questions to learn all about what inspires them and 
how they navigate the world around them.

This month's feature is on Christina Dinkel Maningo. Get to know all about her below:

I am happiest when I have a good night’s sleep, wake up next to my husband, give him a big hug and kiss, snuggle with my puppy, do an energetic yoga flow and eat a delicious whole food meal. Oh and a luscious glass of red wine.

What keeps you busy during the day?

I’m a morning person so I’m usually up at 6am giving me time to do a morning meditation, have a cup of coffee and read a bit before heading out for the day. I usually teach a few yoga classes, see a few health coaching clients and then sit in a cafe planning my upcoming wellness retreats or workshops. I head home to prepare dinner for me and the hubby and then after dinner we have a nice evening walk with our baby girl, Macie (our 5 year old pup.)

Christina Maningo Feature for Rich Earth Jewelry

My favorite place/city is Bhutan. It is the most serene and peaceful place I have ever been. The people are incredibly kind and polite, gorgeous and give off the most amazing energy. There is a natural beauty about the Bhutanese. Everyone chats with everyone as if they are old family friends even if they’ve just met each other at that moment. And the landscape is breathtaking. It’s so pure, like a hidden kingdom. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Favorite quote

“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be”

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Christina Maningo feature on Rich Earth Jewelry
First memorable piece of jewelry

A very simple gold rope bracelet from my grandmother. I felt so mature and adult-like when I received it that I wore it every day!

Describe your personal style

Christina Maningo feature on Rich Earth Jewelry
My style is practical 90% of the time, but for the other 10% I like to dress up a bit. Most days you’ll find me in yoga apparel with flip flops and a hoodie, just in case. Jeans, a simple draping black or white tank top and cute sandals are my weekend wear. I love a cute shift dress especially ones that I find locally with an ethnic print or nice embroidery. Although I’m mostly in flats and casual wear, I love a great pair of heels, a full head of curls and the confidence that brings.

 

Photos | Video | Music: Fraulein Bañares

Hair | Make-up: Keij Joseph

Location: Rich Earth Jewelry Studio, Philippines

Older Post: Art + Artist Feature: Anica Ignacio

Newer Post: Life + Style: #BalanceForBetter
In the Philippines, the country was ranked the highest in Asia at eighth in the World Economic Forum’s latest gender equality rating, due to improvements in economic factors with increased wage equality and women’s income. It likewise ranked high in terms of women’s education and political empowerment.